San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
REPUBLICAN PARTY? DEMOCRATIC PARTY? WE CHOOSE…PIZZA PARTY!
When Things Get Tough, Just Choose Pizza – The San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival Dishes on the Best Wine, Beer and Pie Parings
San Diego, CA (October 19, 2016) – When the only “party” you want to be a part of is one where the candidate dishes on pepperoni, tomato sauce, cheese, and other delicious toppings – the easiest vote is simply for…pizza.
This fall, lovers of the pizza pie rejoice at Pizzapalooza, the new finale event of the San Diego Bay Wine and Food Festival, held on November 20, 2016. From Deep Dish, New York, Neapolitan, Sicilian, etc., people are as passionate about their pizza as they are about their political party. A subject of constant debate, pizza enthusiasts remain steadfast in their beliefs on all elements of the pie – from the most essential ingredient, to thin crust vs. thick crust, the list goes on.
Pizza enthusiasts can taste from all types at Pizzapalooza, and in honor of passionate pizza lovers, the San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival reveals perfect wine, beer and pie pairings that are worth the indulgence this fall (especially while watching election results on November 8).
Craving a pizza? Try one of these unique pairings:
• Chianti + Prosciutto & Arugula: A good savory and spicy Chianti alongside a salty cured meat like prosciutto kicks up the average pizza routine.
• Pinot Noir + Mushrooms: Earth, spice and everything nice – there is no better pairing than a robust Pinot with mushrooms.
• Pepperoni + Microbrew: With microbrews currently on trend, pairing an American Brown Ale with the slightly spicy notes of the pepperoni is the must-try pairing of the season.
• Margherita + Barbera: A medium bodied red paired with this notorious Italian pizza leaves taste buds feeling as if you were in sitting in an Italian Pizzeria in Napoli.
• Everything + Maibock: Pairing a good Maibock that is clean and less hoppy allows you to enjoy the beer and the flavors of all of the toppings found on an Everything PIzza.
• Dark Honey Ale + Vegetarian: This dark honey ale has a nice dry finish with sweet hints that pair well with the earthiness of the vegetables.
Dough slingers and master pie crafters to headline Pizzapalooza include: Cosmo Goss, Chef de Cuisine of The Republican; Erling Wu-Bower, Executive Chef of Nico Osteria; The Hearty Boys, chefs and television personalities; and Nic Vanderbeeken, Executive Chef of Viceroy Bali’s CasCades Restaurants.
In addition to beer, wine and spirits available at the walk around tastings, top San Diego mixologists go head-to-head in Battle of the Bartenders to present their best cocktail, one using Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch Whisky and another using Svedka Vodka.
Pizzapalooza is held on November 20, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at Broadway Pier & Pavilion. Tickets are priced at $55 each and can be purchased at www.sandiegowineclassic.com.
For a complete schedule of events or to purchase tickets for the San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival individually, visit www.sandiegowineclassic.com.
strong>SAN DIEGO BAY WINE + FOOD FESTIVALR
The 13th Annual San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival® is an international showcase of the world's premier wine and spirits producers, chefs and culinary personalities, and gourmet foods. Held November 14-20, 2016, the event benefits culinary arts and oenology scholarships awarded by Fast Forward Futures and the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs. Over 150 wineries, breweries and spirit companies, 60 of San Diego’s top fine dining restaurants and 30 gourmet food companies will participate in the 2016 Festival. For more information visit www.sandiegowineclassic.com. Produced by World of Wine Events and Fast Forward Event Productions. For more information call 619-312-1212